Sunday 5 May 2013

May Matters- Day 5

I've had a very pleasant Sunday, just pottering about and a bit of cooking. I thought I'd share the recipe that I had for lunch today. My friend, Christine, came round- I provided the lunch, she supplied dessert- a great idea!

So here goes, my first May Morsel - Roasted Pepper, Tomato and Cheese Quiche.

Ingredients.

Pastry: This is a rich crumbly pastry, but any regular shortcrust pastry may be used. I use this one as we can’t get hold of lard here. So a rich buttery pastry seems to do the trick!

Pinch of salt, I egg yolk, 115g / 4 oz Butter,  175g / 6oz Flour
 
Filling: I’ve used Peppers, onions and tomatoes for this, but any veg you have, will do. I blanched the veg first to get it a little softer. Then I roasted the peppers, with a little olive oil.

Veg (about 200gs)

3 eggs

¼ pt 150ml Milk

Salt and pepper

4oz 100g Mature Chedder Cheese (Grated)
For a larger flan case- I added an extra egg, a bit more milk and a lot more cheese- in fact I used 2 types of cheese in this one, Cheshire and Chedder.

Method

Combine all pastry ingredients together in a food processor

Then turn out onto a floured surface and leave to rest for 20 minutes.

The roll out and line a lightly floured 9 inch (23cm) flan case.

 

Leave in the fridge for 20 minutes to chill.
 

 
Chop and blanch the onions and then roast the peppers.

Fill case with the veg and half of the cheese.

Ina bowl, mix together beaten eggs, milk and seasoning.

Pour egg mixture over veg and then add the rest of the cheese on top.
Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes until golden brown
 
Serve with a fresh salad and crusty bread!
 

Give it a go- You might like it!
Amanda x
 

 
 

3 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! I love quiche. Thank you for the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quiche sounds amazing. I haven't made one for a while but I always think of them as a summer dish so I'll have to get baking! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good idea, might make one for dinner this week.

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to make a comment I'd love to hear from you. Thanks :)