Saturday 1 March 2014

Scavenger Hunt- February

Welcome to February's Scavenger Hunt, linked with lovely 'Greenthumb' over at Madewithlove.

February's Scavenger hunt, had a few tricky ones - Some that didn't immediately shout up and say 'take my picture!'- But that led to it being a very interesting hunt.
Hope you enjoy what I've found.

Round
Over Half term I went to Kuching for a few days. Many of these scavenger hunt photos were taken there. This was the first to cross off on my list- a round mosaic outside the entrance to one of the shophouses.

Group
 A group of musicians that accompanied the Lion dancers, bringing good luck and prosperity to one of the local businesses.

Lamp
 Old lamps in a little curio shop on Carpenter St, Kuching.

F is for..
 Fireworks. We've had two weeks of nightly fireworks during Chinese New Year. This time we were on the 18th floor of the hotel and we were almost parallel with the fireworks outside the window!


Honey

This was one I really struggled with- I wanted to do something a little different- but alas it was not to be, one of my least favourite photos EVER- but at least it ticked the box for the scavenger hunt!


Fountain
 Our local park has evening performances of' 'dancing fountains' - It's quite entertaining for KK!

 Clouds
 Clouds at 37,000 feet up. Flying from KK to Kuching.

 Repurpose
 Another hard one- but I went laterally with this one-Repurposed newspaper as a tablecloth, repurposed banana leaf as plate and repurposed jungle greens- Yep, these are jungle ferns- Midin- that are picked and then cooked. They are a little slimy- but after learning how to cook them at our cookery course- they aren't too bad.

Grain
 Bags and bags of grains of rice- all different sorts, at kuching market. The Bario rice is the most expensive local rice, grown up on the Kelebit Highlands.

Shadow
 A shadow of a leaf on the trunk of a tree at Semmingoah National Park- We were waiting to see if the Orangutans were going to come for feeding- They didn't!

Clock
 Lots of clocks in a shop that sold nothing else! Carpenter St, Kuching.

3 O' Clock
I always remembered 3 o'clock after it had happened! Until the day we went to stay at a villa at the beach. This was our late 'al -fresco' lunch -  Fresh bread, cheese and fruit- All in a pretty idyllic setting.

Roll on March!
Amanda x

24 comments:

  1. Those jungle things look very unappealing! Great photo though. I also like the round mosaic, the dancing fountains and bags of grain. But, wow, the firework display is definitely my favourite! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- and yes the ferns aren't great!-But cooked in lots of spices, they are not too bad:)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for taking part in this months scavenger hunt, another great group of photos. I really like your photos of fountain, grain and repurpose. Greenthumb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Amanda! I loved all your photos of Kuching! I spend several days there some years ago, and it is one of my favorite cities! Why do people eat fiddleheads????? My move used to cook fern heads for us when we were kids ~ They're a Maritime delicacy; but for me, yuck! That photo evoked an emotional response from me! Those fireworks ~ Wow! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yep, I can think of nicer things to eat. I really like Kuching too- It's just nice to wander round the place:)

      Delete
  4. I think you got some great shots for the topics. I really like the lamps and clocks and the photos of the fireworks and fountains are most attractive. I'm not too sure if I'd like the cooked ferns though, even if they look attractive served like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does get some getting used too- mine were smothered in garlic- so they weren't too bad.:)

      Delete
  5. Wonderful photos, Amanda - I've really enjoyed looking at them:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic photos. Love the lamps and the mosaic. I was in Brunei for the chinese New Year a few years ago and saw lion dancers, they were wonderful.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brunei is still on my list of places to go- particularly as it is 'next door' :)Thanks:)

      Delete
  7. I love these photo challenges, it's always so interesting to see how people interpret the prompts. Fabulous photo of the fireworks. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely agree- it's good to see everyone's take on things:)

      Delete
  8. Loved the firework photo - you caught it at just the right moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never can tell with fireworks - i just kept pressing the shutter. I wasn't sure about the light trail effect- but it kinda works:)

      Delete
  9. Great collection of photos, I really like your picture for grain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hope you're having a good week:)

      Delete
  10. Super photos - I loved the fireworks one and just want that lovely collection of lamps in my own home :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. What unique photos! I enjoy seeing different locations around the world and you certainly met that criteria :) So many colourful shots, and the fireworks in particular drew my attention. What a great shot of all of the clocks ~ and clouds from the window of a plane! Wow... all super, even the honey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping over- and the nice comments:)

      Delete
  12. I love to see your photo's Amanda, not only are they always colourful but the light is so wonderful and after our dark, drab UK winter they are a tonic. Your lamp and firework pics are my faves this time. Look forward to seeing your next collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. H. Thanks for your nice comments and for popping over to visit:)

      Delete

If you'd like to make a comment I'd love to hear from you. Thanks :)