Sunday 9 March 2014

One Photo - Twenty Words and A Bit of Sharing the Love

I'm joining in with Abi at Creatingpaperdreams to bring together one photograph and up to twenty words.

Butterflies

In their thirty day lifespan,
 they fill the earth with grace and beauty.
 During our much longer lives
-do we? 


So, onto other things. I would love to say hello and welcome to my new followers Karen and Mairead and to all you lovely people who keep coming along for the ride. Whether it be your first or thirtieth visit- Thank You :)

I've had a lovely week this week, busy as usual what with Class Assemblies to practice, A school production to write and Parent Teacher conferences to do, but it was all good stuff- and you know me the more I have going on the more I do...So overall it was a good week. I thought I'd share some love this week...I know it's a bit late for Valentine's Day, but I was on the receiving end of a lovely swap and thought I'd share it with you.

I'd taken part in the Share the love Swap, organised by madaboutbags and had paired up with Lizzy .
After quite a while en route- and no doubt sitting in Malaysian customs for a while- I went to pick up my parcel of goodies at the post office. I sat down with a brew and savoured opening the packages, slowly and carefully.
 It was lovingly wrapped in pink tissue paper- all with a heart, red or pink, love theme.
There was a cute little tin filled with heart shaped chocolates- with caramel inside, and a larger heart chocolate - they didn't last long! 
 There were two handmade gorgeous smelling bath bombs, a little heart candle and a spool of 'With love' ribbon. It seems too nice to use:)
 To top it all, Lizzy had sent over a homemade felt heart and pom pom banner. I just love it.
For my part of the bargain- I'd sent over a heart printed t shirt, a pink pen and love notebook and a set of heart postcards- which were so good, I ended up buying myself a set too.
 I found some heart shaped biscuits
 and lots of little crafty bits that had a heart theme.
I was really pleased I'd taken part in the swap- It was fun receiving something in the mail- but it was also a lot of fun looking out for stuff to send. A big 'Thanks' to Lizzy for all my lovely gifts.

Out shopping last week, I spotted this metal sign and  loved the sentiment behind it. Even better it was so cheap I just had to buy it- and then share the love with you guys.

See - Doesn't that feel better?
Love to you all,
Amanda x

41 comments:

  1. What a stunning photo! Only 30 days? I didn't know that - that's MY something new learned today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the average lifespan of a butterfly- different species have different lifespans, some only a few days and some a few more months- but a month is usually about right- poor things:)

      Delete
  2. What gorgeous colours - a very welcome lift to a very grey day here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those butterflies real? Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately not- but i have some very pretty butterfly photos, I shall post those too:)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They aren't real unfortunately- although i do have some good shots of real ones somewhere:)

      Delete
  5. I also want to ask if the butterflies are real... so many and such stunning colours wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you've probably gathered, these are imitation - but i love the colours:)

      Delete
  6. Wow! What colours and beautiful words to ponder over. Thank you Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Abi- Such a great idea of yours to have 20 words:)

      Delete
  7. Hi Amanda,
    The sign is very nice, but, really, I like your "butterfly words" ever so much more!
    I have a little brown and black Wooly Bear caterpillar hibernating in some spent cat grass I had gotten for Josephine. Said Wooly Bear fell out of a log we were gonna use for firewood. They overwinter in leaf litter. As we were socked in by 2 feet of snow when I found him/her, into the cat grass he went. He/she will turn into an Isabella Tiger Moth.
    Anyway, beautiful photo. Happy Week to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope she turns out ok, let me know if and when you get to see her:)

      Delete
  8. lovely post all round. The good weather here has brought the butterflies out already, it's wonderful to see. Feels like summer, even if we are only just into Spring! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How gorgeous and brightly coloured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, they're lovely and bright aren't they:)

      Delete
  10. What a great swap, so many pretty things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely swap items! You both sent such lovely things, bloggers really are so very kind! The sign is great, and so very true of what we all hope for! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love your twenty words. Very beautiful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous colours and thought for your 20 words. Glad you got such a fun parcel too - happy mail is always good to send and receive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, there's nothing nicer than getting snail mail:)

      Delete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous photo....and very apt words.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful swap Amanda and I love your photos. The butterfly quote is perfect.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- i wasn't sure what to write, i was going to write about the colours but then thought of how long they lived and these words just popped out:)

      Delete
  16. Gorgeous photo and I love how you've captured the life of the butterfly in your quote, definitely something to ponder over :) Your week sounds busy but fun - as a fellow teacher who also loves my job, I think we have a lot in common! Those swap items are so great too, definitely a happy mail day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, thanks for your nice comments and for popping over to visit:)

      Delete
  17. What a great post, topped and tailed beautifully and meaningfully :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Now all i have to do is try and live gracefully and beautifully too:)

      Delete
  18. Beautiful photo and new information!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn't know they lived for 30 days.
    You certainly learn something new everyday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely colourful photo and beautiful words to accompany it.

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to make a comment I'd love to hear from you. Thanks :)