Thursday 27 March 2014

A March Invitation to Tea

Or would you prefer coffee today?

As you can see, somewhere new today? Did you find it ok? There's a few of these coffee places around town- but this is my local- I thought we'd come here for a change. Not that I wouldn't welcome you with open arms to my apartment- but they say a change is as good as a rest!

It's on my way home from school for me, so it's no bother at all to call in a grab a coffee- Parking's a bit mad though- luckily someone had just pulled out as I was arriving- how very serendipitous- That's a great word isn't it- almost as good as the movie- but I digress! 


Back to the coffee and cake- what would you like? I usually go for the Latte, or if I'm eating I have an Earl Grey. Saying that on a day like today I think I'm in the mood for something cold- an Ice blended frappuccino type thing I think. The perfect drink for a warm day. It is a bit muggy today too- have you noticed? We're obviously in for a down pour- not that we've had one for ages. In fact it's probably 4 weeks since the last rainfall. I think that we'll be due for one soon.


I do like it in here- apart from the good coffee, excellent pancakes and waffles- it's such an easy going place-and free wifi- which is always very important when ours is as erratic as it comes. That's why you'll usually find me here, on a Saturday or Sunday morning, grabbing some waffles for breakfast, sat there with my earl grey tea, planning my week, writing lists and using their wifi.
It is a bad that the baristas know me by name- but I'm sure if you popped along enough they would know yours too- a friendly bunch they are.


Just look at that weather out there isn't it gorgeous- but it's definitely due for a change soon- we'll all have to make the most of it when we can. Would you like some more coffee or tea, anything to eat? I did promise you cake didn't I? Well, here you are- a little piece to take home with you. I know the cakes in here are nice - but you can't beat some homemade stuff can you?

A small slice of Chocolate Brownie- squidgy in the middle, a little crisp around the edges. I might have to go and get a coffee to take away too, I'm sure the brownie will go down a treat with it.

Right, shall we make tracks and go and make the most of the sunshine- it was great catching up- my place again next month?- if you're still interested?- I shall be back from my holidays then and I can tell you all about it.
Until then...
I'll leave you with a lovely Spring picture

Spring Day 7
Lush Foliage

Joining in with Abi for A Time for Tea 
&

19 comments:

  1. Oh! I can't decide between the brownie or the beautiful spring plant! A lovely catch up with you today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, the plant is such a lovely colour isn't it? Saying that I would always choose the cake:)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for inviting me along! You have a lot of neat little places to sit with a cuppa there. The brownies look delicious, yes please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brownies are yummy, and yes I like my little regular coffee shop haunts:)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm off to Cambodia and Myanmar (Burma) for my Easter break:)

      Delete
  4. They have CBTL shops in the US - well in California - and I couldn't remember what they were called, so I called them to coffee leaf and tea bean!!!! Thanks for bringing back that memory!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it was a bit of a pleasant surprise to find a commercial company here in Borneo too- all very exciting! We even have a Starbucks. I've never noticed CBTL before though, even when I lived in the states- perhaps I just didn't have my eyes open! :)

      Delete
  5. That Brownie looks just about perfect. Yummy! How lovely to see the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sunshine is definitely not something we are short off- although we do complain in the rainy season!

      Delete
  6. That chocolate brownie looks amazing! I was drooling. I always like an early grey as my tea of choice. Thank you for bringing sunshine to us today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Invite to tea at yours too. And Yep- even though say so myself-The Chocolate Brownie was pretty good!:)

      Delete
  7. That sounds like such a great coffee shop, and you've left me wanting brownies for real! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm we should have scratch and smith blogs so you can smell all that chocolate goodness. Thanks for sharing my tea time.

      Delete
  8. I'd love to join you. It looks like a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Squidgy brownies and plenty of coffee sound perfect to me :) I'm not so keen on mad parking - I'll get here earlier next month lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for the brownie and coffee, certainly need it on a grey day today :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. a latte for me too please and although I really shouldn't I'd love a brownie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brownie and plenty of coffee for me too. When we were in the US Wookie kept remarking on how unusual the weather was.... we'd been there several weeks and it hadn't rained :)

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to make a comment I'd love to hear from you. Thanks :)