Tuesday 9 July 2013

1O Things Tuesday - Home

This week my '10 Things Tuesday' is very special- 10 things I'm looking forward to, as I go home for the summer holiday.
1. Family

 
2. Home
 This is the view from my parent's kitchen window. Our house is surrounded by fields. My own house is rented out whilst I live abroad- so home for me is  'Home, Home'- My parents and grandma's houses that we have had since 1973.
 
3. Friends
 Meeting up with friends will be a big bonus over the summer. Friends from my school days, nursing days, workplace and the US. Finding time to see them all might be tricky, but I'll try.
 
4. Afternoon Tea
It's funny the things you want when you can't get them- proper afternoon tea, with scones, jam and cream. Sandwiches, little cakes etc- all those lovely delectable things- whether it be for morning coffee, 'Ladies who Lunch' or afternoon tea- I can't wait:)

 
5. Days out and about
Whether it be the Lake District, Scotland or anywhere else for that matter. I'm looking forward to visiting old haunts and new places.
 
6. Wide open Spaces
Living so near to the lakes and Scotland means that I have a world of wide open spaces to explore. It will be great just to get out and about.
 
7. Festival
One particular highlight will be the annual Rewind Festival. I'll be there singing along to all those 80's tunes although I won't (Unlike many) be wearing some dubious 80's clothing!
 8.Shops
 So looking forward to visiting cute little craft and gift shops.
 
9.Camping
I love camping and I'm looking forward to spending some nights under canvas. Unfortunately,
This year my dad isn't too well, so my mum and I won't be able to have our annual camping trip- Instead it might just be me- unless I can drum up some others who are mad enough to want to spend an English Summer in a tent- English Summer = Rain!

10. Food
No visit home will be the same without good old fashioned home cooked food. Cumberland Sausages of course, but also rhubarb, fish and chips, steak pie, bacon, cheese, fresh bread, scones...etc etc...
 
So many things to look forward to... The count down begins!
Amanda x

16 comments:

  1. You must be counting down the days. So much to look forward to. I hope the weather behaves itself for you. We're having a heatwave at the moment. It's most unlike England!
    Kathy s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hearing about the good weather- no doubt it will turn once I get there!

      Delete
  2. So many nice things and people to look forward to. I'm really excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to it- but I shall have to think about packing soon!

      Delete
  3. Ι'm happy for you Amanda! I wish you enjoy all these precious moments to the full!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of those things just about sum up home for me too. Less than a week until your plane touches down in Manchester! Looking forward to hearing all about your British adventures. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing me I'll be telling you all about them:)

      Delete
  5. What a great collection of things here, sounds like you have a lot planned for your trip home, I'll look forward to hearing about your adventures :)

    We haven't been camping for a few years and we sold our good tent, we just have a tiny dome tent now, but recently I've been thinking about camping a lot - I feel the urge to go! It's so hot over here at the moment we were seriously considering camping in the garden, just to be a bit cooler at night! It was 20 degrees C outside on Sunday night at midnight :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once a camper, always a camper. The heat sounds great- even in summer i'm usually cold in a tent! If you do go- enjoy:)

      Delete
  6. I bet you you are looking forward to seeing your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it'll will be nice to catch up with everyone and even though I speak to family most days- it's not the same as being with them, so that will be good.

      Delete
  7. What wonderful simple pleasures to look forward to ... have fun ~ Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, looking forward to it all, thanks :)

      Delete
  8. so many things to look forward to! I camped last week, I wish it had been this week, it's much warmer.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hopefully i'll get some warm weather too- but not getting my hopes up!

      Delete

If you'd like to make a comment I'd love to hear from you. Thanks :)