I'm feeling very guilty this week. I have my reports to write and no matter what- I just can't seem to get myself motivated to write them- so I go and do something else- like read blogs, or trawl you tube, or swim- and then feel very guilty that the reports are still untouched.
Procrastination is one of my flaws- They will get done- if only at the last minute! As I was thinking about this, I thought about all the other guilty little pleasures I have : Things that maybe I shouldn't enjoy- for many reasons-or things that I just feel guilty about.
So here you are, 10 of my guilty pleasures.
1. Cakes, bakes, biscuits- If it's sweet I just can't resist- I wish I could- but my will power just isn't strong enough.
2. Spending money on pretty fabric- Well actually spending money full stop... But I could spend hours browsing fabric shops, buy a load and then feel guilty that my fabric stash is huge- and not do anything with it.
3. The hours of reading trashy, cheap magazines and Chic lit- when I should be doing work or reading more intellectual fare. But I just love sitting, curled up with a book that doesn't over stimulate the brain cells.
4. Now this is one I'm sure we've all done at some point- but don't dare admit!- Dancing around the living room, to rubbishy / old / eclectic / pop music- not caring what we look like. Such a good thing to do- but perhaps only behind closed doors!
5. This is a real indulgence of mine- and one I feel particularly guilty about- Late night snacks, when I really should have gone to bed hours ago- but just feel I want something sweet. (I know it's chemicals in my brain telling me I'm tired and I should just go to bed) but then I then try and justify it all by having 97% fat free food!!!
6. Stationery- Stacks of it- so lovely, so new and untouched- that I don't want to write in them.
Then I just feel guilty so I go and get more.
7. Spending too much money on really nice little boutique hotel rooms when I go on holiday (not always, but when I've saved for it!)
I know I could go cheap and cheerful and do the whole backpacking palava- But I've been there, done that and wore the T shirt - So my excuse is- there's only me to please- and I'm too old to want to share a smelly dormitory. 4 and 5 star luxury is the way forward!!!
8. Just once in a blue moon- nothing can beat the taste of Junk food at its worst, or best- whatever which way you want to look at it.- So guilty but so good!
I'll worry about my arteries later!
9. My obsession with handbags- Even though I have too many- I can't pass by a shop and not have a look.
10. Spending hours in the Blogosphere- when I should be doing other things... But I bet we all do that:)
I wonder what your guilty pleasures are...