Wednesday 20 April 2016

A few vintage finds- 10 Things


Love it or hate it, Vintage is in! I've always liked a bit of vintage...mostly because I can't quite bear to throw stuff away, but lately, not only have I dug out some of my own stuff, I've been buying it too!

It's strange to think I have a bit of a style choice when it comes to all things old, but I am drawn to things that are more retro than vintage ...more 60s and 70s rather than antiques....and somehow the more kitsch, the better!

So here you are 10 Things that are 'Kitsch and Kitchen'.

1
An enamel coffee pot!

2
A vintage 1950s Bella vista atomic magazine rack.

3
Some 'new' dinner plates -about 40 yr old!

4
A1960s/70s Wyncraft toast and marmalade rack that I'm using as a pen and Mail holder.

5
Another repurposed Wyncraft product! This was meant to hold some shot glasses, but for 10p in the local charity shop, the base was crying out to be used as a jewellery stand...that is, until I can find some shot glasses to fit!

6
I love this butter dish. It's from the 1930s and yet it's still going strong, doing exactly what it was meant to do.

7
Now onto the Kitsch and cuties! A little bunny pot.

8
A 1960s little dear pot.

9
A vintage terrier.

10
Some cute 1960s poodles.

They may be kitsch but I kinda like them!
x

3 comments:

  1. A great collection for your home - my favourites are the coffee pot and those stylish dinner plates. Very covetable! Thank-you for the little glimpses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those plates too. They were a bargain, which makes them even better :)

      Delete
  2. I like retro more than vintage too. Love the enamel coffee pot and the plates. x

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to make a comment I'd love to hear from you. Thanks :)