Thursday 4 June 2015

Wildflower walk on a Wednesday-#30dayswild

Well, today actually felt like summer might just be around the corner. We had sunshine and a light breeze. Perfect for getting out on a walk and even better, I don't work Wednesday afternoons, which meant that I had some time to get out along the hedgerows. 




I'm pretty useless when it comes to identifying wildflowers, so I thought I should become a little better acquainted with the flowers in the hedgerow and verges where I live.


























Some I know, some I don't. but what I do know, is that luckily, they are growing in abundance and it was such a lovely sight to see.
x

8 comments:

  1. Lovely flowers and a real vareity. I'm slowly learning more flower names with much poring over guidebooks. Love the pic of the orange tip butterfly - I've seen lots but they have a knack of knowing exactly when I'm zooming in for a shot and flutter off! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit blurry as he was just about to fly off too. There were also a few other cabbage whites and a tortoiseshell, but they evaded the camera!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures. I can name most of you pics I think. I was taught the names of wildflowers flowers by my mum, think she was taught by her Aunty Emmy.
    Julie xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a few of them, but get muddled up at times, as myself, mum and grandma all call some of the flowers by different names. I shall have to study them!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely afternoon enjoying the wildlife and flowers! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was just grateful for a sunny day.

      Delete
  4. Country lanes in late spring are one of my favourite things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda these are beautiful! I didn't know you were doing 30 days wild too (I saw you in Rosie's list!) I will be sure to come bacl and visit!x

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to make a comment I'd love to hear from you. Thanks :)