Saturday 20 April 2013

Saturday Snaps

Saturday Snaps- Santorini

A photograph, each Saturday- Quirky or Serious?, Fun or Interesting?, Real or Abstract?

A comment or not, a thought, a quote or whatever-Let the pictures do the talking!
 
It's Saturday evening and my apartment has a distinct aroma of cinnamon and orange with a touch of brandy about it. It's almost unseasonably Christmassy, but not quite.  I've been baking- another Greek recipe- that I'll tell you all about tomorrow.
 
However in looking for a gratuitous Greek photograph to go along side the blog, I found a whole album of old photos that I love. I don't know whether it's the combination of blues and white, sun or sea, painted doors or flower strewn walls- but Greek photos are to me the epitome of holiday postcards. It's from a few years back now, 2006, but they bring a big smile to my face. Maybe one day I will tell you all about it- But for now I'll leave you with this one, whilst I go and see if the cake is ready.
 
 
Amanda:)
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I can smell that cake of yours right here!!!!!!!
    Beautiful posting, gorgeous photo!
    Looking forward to seeing what you're baking again!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baking and tasting done! All soon to be revealed!

      Delete
  2. Ah your picture says it all - a dreamy view across a sandy beach through that door - just a hint to whet our appetite. Speaking of which the cake sounds tempting too.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love taking pictures of doors and windows- it always makes me wonder what can you see through them.

      Delete
  3. Lovely photo, how I loved my time in Greece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have loved my holidays there too!

      Delete

If you'd like to make a comment I'd love to hear from you. Thanks :)