Monday 15 April 2013

New Term, New Resolutions...Not!

For many reasons I just love being a teacher and today highlights yet another great reason- It's a new term and because of that, we all (children and staff alike) get a new start. Three times a year, it's like New Year all over again! A time for starting afresh, new regimes, new ways and new resolutions. We can forget the things we meant to do, but didn't, Organise ourselves the way we wanted to, but couldn't and finally find time for the things we would like to do.
 
 It was the same when I was at school, I loved September- A new school year. Far better than the January version of New Year 'cos this one involved  'stationery'! Oh how I loved it all - New classes, new textbooks and best of all new exercises books and time tables that were pristine and blank, just waiting to be filled with our new pens stashed in our brand new pencil cases.
 
 
I love the quote from 'You've Got Mail' where the character played by Tom Hanks writes to Meg Ryan's character and says of the Fall in New York
 
'It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils'
He must have had the same obsession with stationery as I do! :)
So a new term begins and with it my 'not so new' resolutions- trying to finish and leave work at a decent time- Failed already! Not taking work home with me-Again another fail! Being more constructive with my time... the less said about that the better... time really does just fly when you hop from one blog to another (-I'm sure blog time is in a different dimension, because I lose hours!)
But one thing I have managed to do is to keep more up to date with my postings- I know it's early days but I'm going to start as I mean to go on - So I've added a couple more items to my pages above.
Now I've done that, I really must get on with some work...:)
 

8 comments:

  1. As a teacher myself I could have written your post today! I love stationery too. I can never have enough pencils and notebooks.
    Kathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I have a real problem walking past stationery shops:)

      Delete
  2. Good luck! I used to be a teacher before I had my children. But I always loved school, even as a kid. I was so excited for school to begin every fall. It was the greatest thrill of my life, I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know what you mean- The highs always out weigh the lows:)

      Delete
  3. I am a former preschool teacher, loved the start to each new term.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you were brave- pre-schoolers?- I take my hat off to anyone who teaches pre school!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for your comments over on my blog. I didn't know you were from Cumbria. We go there as much as we can. In fact I've got two trips to look forward to in the next month, so there'll be more photos soon. We're having the May Day weekend in Borrowdale, and I'm having a whole week in Grasmere with my elderly parents. I would live there if I could!
    Kathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it sounds lovely- I live on the edge of the Official National park- so I get the benefits of living close to the fells without being near the tourist hotspots. Well I do when I'm back in England of course:)

      Delete

If you'd like to make a comment I'd love to hear from you. Thanks :)